(applicable to all competitions)
1. There is no limit to the number of Audio-Visuals members may enter. However, if there is insufficient time for all to be shown the Competition Secretary may need to make a selection, so please put your entries in order of preference.
2. Audio-Visuals previously entered in the group's competitions, cannot be re-entered into the same
competition unless they have been substantially altered. They can of course be entered into a different
competition, so for example, AVs you have shown in the 60 second and Friendship Trophy competitions would be welcome in the Annual Competition.
3. It is a condition of entry that all work must be in the form of an executable file that will run on any computer with a Windows platform. Images should preferably be 1400 or 1920 pixels wide. Other resolutions should run OK but may not fill the screen.
At the Annual Competitions day:
Click here for an Annual Competition entry form
Special rules for the Group's Annual Competition
• The choice of subjects is open, with no special categories. Documentary, Tourism, Theme, Fiction, Photo-Harmony, Photo Essay, Avant-Garde, Humour, Poetry Music or Song Interpretation, Nature, Historical, Educational or Promotional audio-visuals are all acceptable.
• The duration of any audio visual should not exceed 12 minutes.
• Members who have distinctions in the Audio-Visual discipline, F or ARPS, M or DPAGB, and A or EFIAP are identified as "Advanced" workers. Everybody else is identified as an "Intermediate" worker.
• The sequence judged to be the best overall is awarded The Caroline Trophy
• The runner-up is awarded The Ken Abbott Trophy
• The Elston Trophy
is awarded to the best Intermediate worker.
• The AV with the best voiceover is awarded The Maggie Imhoff Trophy
• The audience votes for the Audio-Visual they enjoyed the most from all the entries, and this is awarded The Foursome Trophy
Other competitions during the year:<
The Friendship Trophy – Open subject, where the recorded soundtrack must be one unaltered track of a commercial recording, not exceeding 5 minutes duration. The author’s name must not be declared within the programme. Judging is by audience ballot. The winner is awarded The Friendship Trophy.
60-Second Competition – Usually held at the Christmas party, a fun evening where any number of AVs can be entered, so long as they do not exceed one minute. The winner is awarded the Camp Trophy.